- Green Aisles by Real Estate from Days [Domino]
- I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times by The Beach Boys from Pet Sounds [Capitol]
- Pay Me by Tom Waits from Bad As Me [Anti]
- A Thousand Lifetimes by Glen Campbell from Ghost On The Canvas [Surfdog]
- Jackson by Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash from At Folsom Prison [Capitol]
- Kentucky by The Louvin Brothers from Tragic Songs Of Life [Capitol / Light In The Attic]
- Mona Lisa by Atlas Sound from Parallax [4AD]
- Lonely Boy by The Black Keys from El Camino [Nonesuch]
- Hikikomori by Zola Jesus from Conatus [Sacred Bones]
- Reunion by M83 from Hurry Up, We (a)re Dreaming [Mute]
- Wild Eyed by The Horrors from Skying [XL]
- Rubber by Yuck from Yuck [Fat Possum]
- Weapon Of Choice by Fatboy Slim from Halfway Between The Gutter And The [Astralwerks]
- Weapon Of Choice by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club from Baby 81 [RCA/BMI]
- Everyday Weapon by The Ponys from Turn The Lights Out [Matador]
- Only If For A Night by Florence + The Machine from Ceremonials [Universal Republic]
- Crimewave by Crystal Castles from Crystal Castles (2008) [Last Gang]
- Serve The People by Handsome Furs from Sound Kapital [Sub Pop]
- El Camino by The Black Keys is an album about minivans. Not really, but the LP does come with a poster full of minivans. Really.
- 936 by Peaking Lights (formerly of Madison, also now in LA or thereabouts) is out on Not Not Fun, but will soon be re-released on Weird World.
- Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming by M83 has been out for a bit now. I’m going back to it and am still pretty astounded. Heavy textures. Dripping with nostalgia. Recommended.
- Parallax by Atlas Sound is out on 4AD. Holy crap. Need more time with this album. You may remember Bradford Cox from his other band, Deerhunter.
- Conatus by Zola Jesus is currently blowing my mind. Out on Sacred Bones.
- Bad As Me is the first studio album from Tom Waits in eight years. Out on Anti, as you might expect.
- Slave Ambient by The War On Drugs is out on Secretly Canadian. Pitchfork liked it. I finally had to order a copy on vinyl from the label and pay shipping (ouch). Two days later, my local record store tells me it’s back in. Blerg.
- Only In Dreams, the latest album by Dum Dum Girls is out as of 27 Sept 2011, on Sub Pop records. You’re going to hear a lot of this one in the coming weeks. The pink vinyl (pictured above) is only 1/2 the story. It also came with a white 7″ record. Word.
- Weapon Of Choice by Fatboy Slim (via Youtube)
- Serve The People by Handsome Furs (via Stereogum)
- Hey Sparrow by Peaking Lights (via Gorilla Vs. Bear)
- Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver (via Time Magazine)
- The Blues Are Still Blue by Belle & Sebastian (on Youtube)
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never (on Youtube)
- Sexy Sax Man featuring the riff from Careless Whisper by WHAM/George Michael.
- Midnight City by M83 (on Youtube)
- Rainbounce by Reptar (on Vimeo)
- Runtime by Cassettes Won’t Listen (on Youtube)
- Brokendate by Com Truise on Vimeo.
- Bedroom Eyes by Dum Dum Girls (via Pitchfork).
- Fffunny Friends by Unknown Mortal Orchestra, on Youtube (via Stereogum).
- Marked by EMA on Vimeo.
- Honey Bunny by Girls on NYTimes.com (via Pitchfork).
- Jeeper Creeper by Sinkane is available at Stereogum
- Hey Sparrow by Peaking Lights is posted along with the video over at Gorilla Vs. Bear
- 936.fm is the home for some more streaming music by Peaking Lights
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never is available at Stereogum.
- Replica, the new album by Oneohtrix Point Never is available to stream via Soundcloud.
- Blow Your House Down by U2 is available over at Stereogum.
- Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits, as covered by Superchunk available at You Ain’t No Picasso.
- Changes (by Bagarre) as covered by Twin Shadow, is available at his site for the price of an email.