- An Argument With Myself by Jens Lekman from An Argument With Myself
- It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock from It Takes Two [Profile / Arista]
- DVNO by Justice from Cross [Vice]
- Temptation by New Order from Substance [Qwest / Factory]
- Dumbin’ (feat. Reggie B) by Star Slinger from Dumbin Single [Green Label Sound]
- Jeeper Creeper by Sinkane from Mars [Self-Released]
- Hey Sparrow by Peaking Lights from 936 [Not Not Fun]
- Everybody’s Out by Dum Dum Girls from I Will Be [Sub Pop]
- Girlfriend Is Better by Talking Heads from Stop Making Sense [Warner]
- The Slim by Sugar from Copper Blue [Ryko]
- Early In The Morning by Harry Nilsson from Nilsson Schmilsson [RCA]
- Early In The Morning by Robert Palmer from Heavy Nova [EMI]
- Flying Dream by Tamaryn / Ford & Lopatin from Snakes / Flying Dream Single [Mexican Summer]
- Will Do by TV On The Radio from World Cafe Live EP [Interscope]
- It’s Always Summer by The Corin Tucker Band from 1,000 Years [Kill Rock Stars]
- Easy by Real Estate from Days [Domino]
- Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver from Bon Iver, Bon Iver [Jagjaguwar]
- Wilco (the song) by Wilco from Wilco (the album) [Nonesuch/Warner]
- Boom by Wild Flag from Wild Flag [Merge]
- Bikini Girls With Machine Guns by The Cramps from Stay Sick! [Enigma]
- I Know There’s An Answer by The Beach Boys from Pet Sounds [Capitol]
- I Hate You, Rob Crow by Rob Crow from Living Well [Temporary Residence]
- The One I Love by R.E.M. from Document [IRS]
- Passing Me By by The Pharcyde from Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde [Delicious Vinyl]
- The One You Want by Weekend from Red [Slumberland]
- Astro by The White Stripes from The White Stripes [Third Man Records/V2]
- The Next Movement by The Roots from Things Fall Apart [Geffen]
- Stutter by Yuck from Yuck [Fat Possum]
- Da Da Da by Elastica from The Menace [Atlantic]
- 936 by Peaking Lights (formerly of Madison, also now in LA or thereabouts) is out on Not Not Fun, but will soon be re-released on Weird World.
- Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming by M83 has been out for a bit now. I’m going back to it and am still pretty astounded. Heavy textures. Dripping with nostalgia. Recommended.
- Parallax by Atlas Sound is out on 4AD. Holy crap. Need more time with this album. You may remember Bradford Cox from his other band, Deerhunter.
- Conatus by Zola Jesus is currently blowing my mind. Out on Sacred Bones.
- Bad As Me is the first studio album from Tom Waits in eight years. Out on Anti, as you might expect.
- Slave Ambient by The War On Drugs is out on Secretly Canadian. Pitchfork liked it. I finally had to order a copy on vinyl from the label and pay shipping (ouch). Two days later, my local record store tells me it’s back in. Blerg.
- Only In Dreams, the latest album by Dum Dum Girls is out as of 27 Sept 2011, on Sub Pop records. You’re going to hear a lot of this one in the coming weeks. The pink vinyl (pictured above) is only 1/2 the story. It also came with a white 7″ record. Word.
- Hey Sparrow by Peaking Lights (via Gorilla Vs. Bear)
- Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver (via Time Magazine)
- The Blues Are Still Blue by Belle & Sebastian (on Youtube)
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never (on Youtube)
- Sexy Sax Man featuring the riff from Careless Whisper by WHAM/George Michael.
- Midnight City by M83 (on Youtube)
- Rainbounce by Reptar (on Vimeo)
- Runtime by Cassettes Won’t Listen (on Youtube)
- Brokendate by Com Truise on Vimeo.
- Bedroom Eyes by Dum Dum Girls (via Pitchfork).
- Fffunny Friends by Unknown Mortal Orchestra, on Youtube (via Stereogum).
- Marked by EMA on Vimeo.
- Honey Bunny by Girls on NYTimes.com (via Pitchfork).
- Jeeper Creeper by Sinkane is available at Stereogum
- Hey Sparrow by Peaking Lights is posted along with the video over at Gorilla Vs. Bear
- 936.fm is the home for some more streaming music by Peaking Lights
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never is available at Stereogum.
- Replica, the new album by Oneohtrix Point Never is available to stream via Soundcloud.
- Blow Your House Down by U2 is available over at Stereogum.
- Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits, as covered by Superchunk available at You Ain’t No Picasso.
- Changes (by Bagarre) as covered by Twin Shadow, is available at his site for the price of an email.
- You didn’t hear it from me, but Sleater-Kinney’s BBC Sessions are somewhere on the net. I don’t know where. Maybe here?
You must be logged in to post a comment.