- 1963 by New Order from Substance [Qwest / Factory]
- Sarah In The Aeadrone by Tamaryn from Led Astray Washed Ashore [Troubleman United]
- Brothers by The War On Drugs from Slave Ambient [Secretly Canadian]
- Brothers by Hot Chip from One Life Stand [EMI]
- Brothers And Sisters by Har Mar Superstar from Brothers And Sisters [B-Unique]
- The Guns of Brixton by Calexico from Calexico-Beiruit Split [Quarterstick]
- The Guns of Brixton by The Clash from London Calling [Epic/Sony]
- The Guns of Brixton by Dropkick Murphys from The Singles Collection [2000 Hellcat]
- A Sweet Summer’s Night On Hammer Hill by Jens Lekman from Oh You’re So Silent Jens [Secretly Canadian]
- Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill from Singles [Kill Rock Stars]
- Emergency Room by Ford And Lopatin from Channel Pressure [Software / Mexican Summer]
- Parallax by Atlas Sound from Parallax [4AD]
- Pull Shapes by The Pipettes from We Are The Pipettes [Memphis]
- Shadowplay by Joy Division from Still [Factory]
- Phantom by Justice from Cross [Vice]
- Brick House by The Commodores from Greatest Hits [Motown]
- Get Off The Internet by Le Tigre from From The Desk Of Mr. Lady [Mr. Lady]
- Thursday by Morphine from Cure For Pain [Ryko]
- Adultry by The Extra Lens from Undercard [Merge]
- Ghost On The Canvas by Glen Campbell from Ghost On The Canvas [Surfdog]
- Avalanche by Zola Jesus from Conatus [Sacred Bones]
- Get Lost by Tom Waits from Bad As Me [Anti]
- Squalor Victoria by The National from Boxer [Beggars Banquet]
- We Got Our Own Thang by Heavy D And The Boyz from Big Time [Uptown]
- Lillies Of The Valley by David Byrne from David Byrne [Luaka Bop]
- Conquest by The White Stripes from Icky Thump [Third Man / Warner]
- Work Hard by Depeche Mode from People Are People [Sire]
- Parallax by Atlas Sound is out on 4AD. Holy crap. Need more time with this album. You may remember Bradford Cox from his other band, Deerhunter.
- Conatus by Zola Jesus is currently blowing my mind. Out on Sacred Bones.
- Bad As Me is the first studio album from Tom Waits in eight years. Out on Anti, as you might expect.
- Slave Ambient by The War On Drugs is out on Secretly Canadian. Pitchfork liked it. I finally had to order a copy on vinyl from the label and pay shipping (ouch). Two days later, my local record store tells me it’s back in. Blerg.
- Only In Dreams, the latest album by Dum Dum Girls is out as of 27 Sept 2011, on Sub Pop records. You’re going to hear a lot of this one in the coming weeks. The pink vinyl (pictured above) is only 1/2 the story. It also came with a white 7″ record. Word.
- The Whole Love, the latest album by Wilco, is out today, 27 Sept 2011.
- The self-titled debut by Wild Flag is out on Merge Records. This supergroup includes Mary Timony (Helium), Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney, Portlandia), Janet Weiss (Sleater-Kinney), and Rebecca Cole (The Minders). This may have officially replaced Skying by The Horrors as my favorite record of the year.
- The Blues Are Still Blue by Belle & Sebastian (on Youtube)
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never (on Youtube)
- Sexy Sax Man featuring the riff from Careless Whisper by WHAM/George Michael.
- Midnight City by M83 (on Youtube)
- Rainbounce by Reptar (on Vimeo)
- Runtime by Cassettes Won’t Listen (on Youtube)
- Brokendate by Com Truise on Vimeo.
- Bedroom Eyes by Dum Dum Girls (via Pitchfork).
- Fffunny Friends by Unknown Mortal Orchestra, on Youtube (via Stereogum).
- Marked by EMA on Vimeo.
- Honey Bunny by Girls on NYTimes.com (via Pitchfork).
- Sleep Dealer by Oneohtrix Point Never is available at Stereogum.
- Blow Your House Down by U2 is available over at Stereogum.
- Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits, as covered by Superchunk available at You Ain’t No Picasso.
- Changes (by Bagarre) as covered by Twin Shadow, is available at his site for the price of an email.
- You didn’t hear it from me, but Sleater-Kinney’s BBC Sessions are somewhere on the net. I don’t know where. Maybe here?
- All Alone by Toro Y Moi is available at his blog for the price of an email.
- Changes by Twin Shadow is available at his website for the price of an email address.
- Hold On by The Chain Gain Of 1974 is available at their site if you give them your email.
- Thankful by Caveman is available at their website for the price of an email.
- Amber Hands by S.C.U.M. is available via Mute (UK) Records’ Soundcloud Page.