- Modeling Sucks by Handsome Boy Modeling School from So, Hows Your Girl? [Tommy Boy / Elektra]
- Male Model by The Undertones from The Undertones [Drastic Plastic]
- The Model by Belle & Sebastian from Live In Belfast [Matador]
- The Model by Ride from Ruby Tracks: The NMEs Roaring 40 [NME]
- What About Us? by Handsome Furs from Sound Kapital [Sub Pop]
- Sweetie & Shag by Battles from Gloss Drop [Warp]
- Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf) by Pixies from Complete B Sides [4AD]
- Drunk Girls by LCD Soundsystem from London Sessions [DFA]
- Girls & Boys by Blur from Parklife [Virgin]
- Jump Boys by The Undertones from The Undertones [Drastic Plastic]
- Distant Lights by Ivy from All Hours [Nettwerk], out 20 Sept 2011.
- Miles Away by Yeah Yeah Yeahs from Yeah Yeah Yeahs [Touch And Go]
- Bloodhounds On My Trail by The Black Angels from Passover [Light In The Attic]
- The Autopsy Garland by The Mountain Goats from All Eternals Deck [Merge]
- I Lost You by The Walkmen from You & Me [Gigantic Music]
- Heart Of Stone by The Ravonettes from In And Out Of Control [Vice]
- Bicycle by Unknown Mortal Orchestra from Unknown Mortal Orchestra [Fat Possum]
- I Got A Feeling (Just Nineteen) by The Eagles Of Death Metal from Death By Sexy [Downtown]
- Itchy Fingers by Junior Boys from Its All True [Domino]
- A Shot In The Arm by Wilco from Summerteeth [Reprise/Warner]
- Hinnom, TX by Bon Iver from Bon Iver, Bon Iver [Jagjaguwar]
- The Other Shoe by Fucked Up from David Comes To Life [Matador]
- These Days by R.E.M. from Lifes Rich Pageant [IRS]
- Rum And Coca-Coca by Wanda Jackson from The Party Aint Over [Third Man / Nonesuch]
- Golden Rule by Charles Bradley from No Time For Dreaming [Daptone]
- Lazy Bones by Wooden Shjips from West [Thrill Jockey]
- Dilly by Band Of Horses from Infinite Arms [Brown Records/Fat Possum/Columbia]
- White Elephant by Ladytron from Gravity The Seducer [Nettwerk]
- Staring At The Sun by TV On The Radio from Young Liars [Touch And Go]
- Handsome Boy Modeling School was a collaborative project between producers Prince Paul (De La Soul, Gravediggaz) & Dan “The Automator” Nakamura (Gorillaz, Dr. Octagon). The album So… How’s Your Girl?, was loosely based on an episode of the Chris Elliott sitcom Get a Life entitled “The Prettiest Week of My Life.” I am the only person who ever watched this show besides them.
- The Model by Ride on the Ruby Trax compilation is a cover of a song by Kraftwerk. Listen to the original on their 1978 album Man-Machine.
- You may recognize Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf) by Pixies from the Pump Up The Volume Soundtrack. Go ahead and revisit that, or the film.
- Go ahead and grab Midnight City at M83‘s website for the price of an email address.
- Mister Heavenly is Honus Honus of Man Man, Nicholas Thorburn of Islands and The Unicorns, and Joe Plummer of Modest Mouse and The Shins. Out of Love will be released 16 Aug 2011 on Sub Pop Records. It’s streaming over at Paste magazine, until the album comes out. I will play more from them in the upcoming weeks.
- The new album by Handsome Furs is one of my favorite albums of 2011. It’s out now on Sub Pop Records.
- Charles Bradley is an amazing singer with an amazing story. You can read some of it over at Wikipedia. Much love to Gabriel Roth Daptone Records for giving the man a chance. We are all better for it.
- Peter Bjorn & John will play a FREE show at the Majestic Theatre in Madison, WI, on Fri, 26 Aug 2011, 7:00pm.
- Tobacco and the rest of Black Moth Super Rainbow will play a show at the Majestic Theatre in Madison, WI, on Fri, 09 Sept 2011 @ 9:00pm, doors 8:00pm, tix – $15 adv, $18 day of show
- The Besnard Lakes will play at the High Noon Saloon in Madison, WI, on Sun, 02 Oct 2011 @ 8:00pm, tix – $12 day of show, $10 in advance.
- Wilco will play the Overture Hall in Madison, WI, on Wed, 05 Oct 2011 @ 7:30pm, tix – $40 adv/dos, seated show, all ages
- Dum Dum Girls and Crocodiles will play the High Noon Saloon in Madison, WI, on Thu, 18 Oct 2011, 8:30pm, tix – $14, $12 in advance, 18+ show.
- Gang Gang Dance will play at the Majestic Theatre in Madison, WI, on Wed, 19 Oct 2011 @ 8:30pm, doors 7:30pm, tix – $10