- Pass The Hatchet, I Think I’m Goodkind by Yo La Tengo from I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass [Matador]
- Hatchet by Low from Drums And Guns [Sub Pop]
- Hide It Away by Retribution Gospel Choir from 2 [Sub Pop]
- Billie Holiday by Warpaint from Exquisite Corpse [Manimal Vinyl]
- Kisses Over Babylon by Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros from Up From Below [Vagrant]
- October by Royal Native from L’Orangerie EP [Self-Released]
- In The Sun by She & Him from Volume Two [Merge], album out 3/23/2010
- Numbers Don’t Lie by The Mynabirds from What We Lose In The Fire We Gain In [Saddle Creek] album out 4/27/2010
- I Want You Back by Discovery from LP [XL]
- Girl I Love You (She Is Danger Remix) by Massive Attack from Heligoland [Virgin/EMI] album out 2/8/2010
- Blessa by Toro Y Moi from Causers of This [Carpark] album out 2/2/2010
- Feel It All Around by Washed Out from Life of Leisure EP [Mexican Summer]
- Ira Glass (demo) by Adam WarRock [Self-Released] Beat used: “That’s What I Am Talking About” by Pete Rock
- Audience by Cold War Kids from Behave Yourself EP [Downtown]
- And I Was A Boy From School [Hot Chip Cover] by Grizzly Bear from TripleJ, Like A Version [TripleJ]
- Rowboat [Beck cover] by Johnny Cash from Unchained [American]
- The Robots by Kraftwerk from The Mix [Elektra]
- Robots [Live] by Flight Of The Conchords from The Distant Future [Sub Pop]
- I’m Not Done by Fever Ray from Fever Ray [Mute]
- I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish by The Smiths from Strangeways, Here We Come [Rough Trade]
- All Medicated Geniuses by Pretty Girls Make Graves from The New Romance [Matador]
- Modern Romance by TV On The Radio from New Health Rock Single [Touch And Go]
- Science vs. Romance by Rilo Kiley from Take Offs And Landings [Barsuk]
- There have been some excellent reviews of Saturday’s Yo La Tengo show in Madison on 77square and Muzzle of Bees.
- Retribution Gospel Choir is a side project of Alan Sparhawk and Steve Garrington of Low. New album out tomorrow. It’s good.
- Warpaint got a nice Pitchfork review of their single Billie Holiday. You can also check out Stereogum, which has videos for Stars and Elephants.
- Royal Native are from France and are offering their L’Orangerie EP as a free download on their website.
- Adam WarRock is the stage name of Euge Ahn. He co-hosts a comics podcast called War Rocket Ajax, among other things. **UPDATE: Many thanks to Euge & Sims for giving me a shout-out during this week’s podcast. Also, Euge wanted to give credit to Pete Rock for the backing track. He & Ruckus will create an original beat for the final version of the song.
- Pretty Girls Make Graves took their name from a song by The Smiths, which was itself a reference to a Jack Kerouac The Dharma Bums. After the band broke up, Derek Fudesco went on to form The Cave Singers with Pete Quirk (of Hint Hint) and Marty Lund (of Cobra High).