Lloyd Dobler: Hey my brother, can I borrow a copy of your “Hey Soul Classics”?
Jason Dobler: No, my brother, you have to go buy your own.
I had a lot of fun doing a guest DJ set at WSUM, filling in for DJ Dave’s all-vinyl show. I had Say Anything on the mind, so I made a trip to the record store to make sure I had enough Motown.
- Kosmos by Thomas Luck from Kosmos: Soundtracks of Eastern Germany’s Adventures in Space [All Score Media]
- Ain’t Too Proud to Beg by The Temptations from Greatest Hits [Motown]
- Baby, I Need Your Loving by The Four Tops from Greatest Hits – Motown
- Brick House by The Commodores from Greatest Hits [Motown]
- Shining Star by Earth, Wind, and Fire from Best Of Earth Wind and Fire 1 [Columbia]
- P.Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up) by Parliament from Mothership Connection [Casablanca]
- Let’s Dance by David Bowie from Let’s Dance [EMI]
- America by Neil Diamond from 12 Greatest Hits, Vol II [Columbia]
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond from Gold [Universal]
- Soul Man by Sam & Dave from Best of Sam & Dave [Atlantic]
- You Send Me by Sam Cooke from Best of Sam Cooke [RCA/Victor]
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross from Greatest Hits [Motown]
- All Night Long by Lionel Richie from Can’t Slow Down [RCA]
- Kosmos: Soundtracks of Eastern Germany’s Adventures in Space is one of the freakiest records that I own. Music from East Germany Sci-Fi films. It’s great if you can find a copy.
- A friend recently asked which Parliament album was the best one to start with. Apart from a Greatest Hits collections, I’d say Mothership Connection, hands down.
- Holy Crap, Neil Diamond is on Twitter. Who knew?